From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Digest failure on net-firewall/iptables?
Date: Sun, 07 Dec 2008 15:56:59
1 On Sunday 07 December 2008, Alan McKinnon wrote:
2 > On Sunday 07 December 2008 15:12:13 James Homuth wrote:
3 > > Ran a pretend update on one of my boxes, and this was spit back:
4 > > These are the packages that would be merged, in order:
8 > > Calculating world dependencies /!!! Digest verification failed:
9 > >
10 > > !!! /usr/portage/net-firewall/iptables/iptables-1.4.0-r1.ebuild
11 > >
12 > > !!! Reason: Filesize does not match recorded size
13 > >
14 > > !!! Got: 6287
15 > >
16 > > !!! Expected: 6235
17 > > ..
18 > > . done!
21 > > This only comes up on one of my boxes, both running Gentoo with exact
22 > > same portage configuration. Random guessing, but is this something that
23 > > would be fixed in the next sync? If no, then... What just broke?
24 >
25 > wait a bit then emerge --sync again
26 >
27 > Every now and then a dev forgets to re-digest something before uploading
28 > and you come along and download wrong stuff. There are other reasons too,
29 > all solved the same way
30
31 Yep, I had the same problem last night - a re-sync this morning fixed it.
34 Regards,
35 Mick