From: Mirco Bakker <lister1@×××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] LVM boot problem
Date: Wed, 06 Dec 2006 18:10:02
1 Hi
2
3 Two days ago, I changed my USE flags (added bzip2) and tried to emerge world with the update, deep and newuse options. Because the new UDEV Package conflicted with coldplug I unmerged coldplug first (which is obsolete I think?).
4 Today I rebooted for the first time since then. As the system came up a few error messages showed up, indicating that my ethernet interface was not found (probably module not loaded). Is there a connection to coldplug?
5
6 Anyway after that I thought it would be a good idea to update to the latest Kernel before fixing that Problem (2.6.18-gentoo-r3). I used genkernel to create a generic kernel, modules and initrd with lvm2 support (as my root device is on a lvm2 volume). Since then the system stopped booting completely.
7
8 The first problem was that the busybox mdev link was missing (therefor I created it manually). Now linuxrc (actually vgchange) claims, that there is no more space left on the device to create the device nodes for my lvm volumes. But dumpe2fs on the initrd reports, that I still have 45 free blocks and 44 free inodes. Shouldn't this be enough for 3 device nodes? Any ideas what could be wrong?
9
10 TIA, Mirco
14 "Ein Herz für Kinder" - Ihre Spende hilft! Aktion: www.deutschlandsegelt.de
15 Unser Dankeschön: Ihr Name auf dem Segel der 1. deutschen America's Cup-Yacht!
16 --
17 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list