From: Willie Wong <wwong@××××××××××××××.EDU>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] icedtea6-bin or sun-jdk?
Date: Sat, 30 Jan 2010 18:50:11
1 On Sat, Jan 30, 2010 at 09:48:52AM -0800, Grant wrote:
2 > It looks like my installed icedtea6-bin and sun-jdk are both depended
3 > on by virtual/jdk-1.6.0. I think I can choose one or the other,
4 > right? Does icedtea6-bin work as well as sun-jdk?
5
6 You *should* be able to use either one. There is one (non-portage)
7 java software I use that has problems with icedtea: it runs, but
8 cannot play any sounds. sun-jdk does not have the problem.
9
10 Pick one, set your java-vm to it, and you should be able to unmerge
11 the other with no ill effects.
12
13 Cheers,
14
15 W
18 Willie W. Wong wwong@××××××××××××××.edu
19 Data aequatione quotcunque fluentes quantitae involvente fluxiones invenire
20 et vice versa ~~~ I. Newton