From: Daniel D Jones <ddjones@××××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] KDE 4.2 and 3.5
Date: Sun, 01 Feb 2009 15:38:07
1 I have KDE 3.5 and 4.1 installed and am trying to upgrade to 4.2. I'm getting
2 the following:
3
4 <=kde-base/kdebase-3.5.9-r4 ("<=kde-base/kdebase-3.5.9-r4" is blocking
5 kde-base/kdelibs-4.2.0)
6
7 Is there an issue with 3.5 and 4.2 being installed together? Is the above
8 block a known issue that's being worked out as 4.2 is integrated into the
9 stable tree? (I was unable to find a bug filed on it or any other hits on
10 Google.)
14 As a second question, can anyone point me to an informative reference on
15 ~arch? It's impossible to search for the term on Google - the tilde gets
16 ignored and the number of false positives are overwhelming. Although I've
17 been using Gentoo for awhile, I don't really understand the difference
18 between something being in ~arch and something being blocked. I'd like to
19 make myself a little smarter.