From: Bastiaan <Bastiaan@××××××××××××.nl>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] how to read raw mouse events
Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2006 08:37:46
1 On Tuesday 17 January 2006 09:11, michael@×××××××××××××.com wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 > I have a headless embedded Gentoo system. I'm using an optical mouse to
5 > detect rotation of a wheel. I don't need to know how fast or in what
6 > direction, but I do need to know whether it is turning or not.
7 >
8 > As it is headless, I have not bothered to install X. I'm diskless, so I
9 > don't have lots of memory to waste. (I'm running out of a 256M CF card.)
10 >
11 > I expect that somewhere in the chain of drivers I can tap into a stream
12 > of bytes coming from the mouse, and that if the mouse stops moving that
13 > stream stops. Or otherwise changes.
14 >
15 > Can anyone suggest where I should start looking for how to do this?
16 >
17 > Thanks,
18 > Michael
21 you can just cat /dev/mice or whatever your mouse device is.
22 --
23 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list