From: "Andrés Becerra Sandoval" <andres.becerra@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Failed to emerge dev-qt/qtwebkit-5.6.0
Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2016 14:31:46
1 2016-04-27 9:17 GMT-05:00 Michael Mol <mikemol@×××××.com>:
2
3 > On Wednesday, April 27, 2016 08:11:05 AM Dale wrote:
4 > > Peter Humphrey wrote:
5 > > > On Tuesday 26 Apr 2016 18:50:41 Dale wrote:
6 > > >
7 > > > --->8
8 > > >
9 > > >> I synced again and was hoping I either caught the tree in the middle
10 > of
11 > > >> some change over with the last sync or whatever it is would have a fix
12 > > >> by now. Well, still the same error as before.
13 > > >>
14 > > >> Anyone have any ideas on the cause of this? Any tricks that I could
15 > > >> try? Could this be a bug that I need to report? I've tried skipfirst
16 > > >> and such but it seems to be a hard stop on this package.
17 > > >
18 > > > After googling for one of those linker errors, it looks to me like a
19 > bug
20 > > > in
21 > > > the order in which libraries are being called to be linked in. I'm no
22 > > > coder
23 > > > any more though (that was 40 years ago).
24 > > >
25 > > > HTH. HaND. :)
26 > >
27 > > I been considering a roach report but I hate to since I seem to be the
28 > > only one running into it. I've synced a couple times since it started
29 > > so whatever it is, it seems to be sticking around.
30 > >
31 > > I've done some googling but the only thing I find now, this thread. I
32 > > did try to google some other ways but still found nothing helpful, as in
33 > > a solution.
34 > >
35 > > I'll give it another day or two and if after another sync the problem
36 > > remains, I'll file a roach report.
37 >
38 > I have my system automatically update nightly, and check the build results
39 > in
40 > the morning. If there's a persistent build error for a couple days, I file
41 > a
42 > bug report. That's my threshold, anyway.
43 >
44 > --
45 > :wq
49 ​Dale,
50
51 Do you have debugging activated (ggdb in make.conf) ?
52
53 If yes, turn it off for qtwebkit!
57 Andrés Becerra Sandoval