From: James <wireless@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] kde4 upgrading
Date: Tue, 27 Oct 2009 16:14:19
1 Hello,
2
3 I have several workstations on kde4, mostly 4.2.4 or 4.2.x.
6 I'm looking for a clean, easy, unattended method to upgrade
7 about a dozen systems to kde 4.3.x (Or KDE 4 stable only). I'm
8 not sure what the latest stable kde4 version is,
9 or what folks recommend.
12 Since I try to keep the system with the same packages installed, as to
13 not cause me to go crazy. Most are using SETS and the /etc/portage
14 files are a mess and all different.
17 Simplification and consolidation on kde 4 that is stable is my goal.
18 Trying to upgrade causes a painful one step at a time editing of
19 the /etc/portage files. I need to get away from that!
20
21 Suggestions or documents are most appreciated, even if I have to unmerge
22 all of kde4-hack and reinstall kde4.3(stable).
23
24 Is this guide the best (and current) to use:
25 http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/desktop/kde/kde4-guide.xml#doc_chap2
28 I'm looking for guidance and wisdom here, to keep my admin time
29 at a minimal on kde4.
32 ideas?
33 James