From: Andres Becerra Sandoval <andres.becerra@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] subdirectory disappears in /usr/portage
Date: Mon, 05 Dec 2005 08:31:47
1 On 12/5/05, Alan E. Davis <lngndvs@×××××.com> wrote:
2 >
3 > I cleverly created a directory : /usr/portage/downloads, where I schemed
4 > to have wget download files for my home (dialup) machine, so I could then
5 > burn them to a CD and carry them home.
6 >
7 > However, on Monday I arrived to find that while "locate downloads" found
8 > this directory, it isn't there anymore!
9 >
10 > Does portage do something to check the configuration of /usr/portage? I
11 > emerged a new portage last friday also.
12 >
13 > These are SATA drives on an amd64 system, running as ~amd64.
14 >
15 > perplexedly,
16 >
17 > Alan Davis
21 I guess its rsync, running from emerge sync who deleted your directory!
24 Andres