From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Tcp Listener
Date: Mon, 03 Feb 2014 21:43:48
1 On 03/02/2014 20:15, xarman wrote:
2 > I'm interested in making a TCP Listener in C / C++ on Linux to accept
3 > many connections simultaneously. I did a relative search on the Web and
4 > although I am aware of the C language as to a certain extent, I
5 > struggle to find a model program. Essentially, it is the listener of a
6 > server that receives a signal and stores it in a database and do some
7 > other functions. I know how to do the functions but I'm looking for a
8 > way to fix the basic skeleton of listener that will be always active.
9 > I'm not sure if I need multi threading or multi socketing for multi
10 > connections.
11 > If you have any knowledge on the subject or have a simple example or even
12 > some reference in order to work on that, I'd appreciate it.
18 Is this a school homework question?
23 Alan McKinnon
24 alan.mckinnon@×××××.com