From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] python-2.7 && python-updater
Date: Fri, 25 Mar 2011 16:48:57
1 Paul Hartman wrote:
2 > On Fri, Mar 25, 2011 at 4:37 AM, Dale<rdalek1967@×××××.com> wrote:
3 >
4 >> Paul Hartman wrote:
5 >>
6 >>> On Fri, Mar 25, 2011 at 12:28 AM, Dale<rdalek1967@×××××.com> wrote:
7 >>>
8 >>>
9 >>>> And if we should set python to 2.7, should we remove python-2.6? I don't
10 >>>> think we want to break something, portage in particular. ;-)
11 >>>>
12 >>>>
13 >>> I have no trace of python-2.6 on my system at this point and I'm
14 >>> getting along just fine with 2.7 as my active python.
15 >>>
16 >>>
17 >>>
18 >> Out of curiosity, how long you, or someone else, been using python 2.7? You
19 >> emerged a few packages with no issues so far? I'm sort of skidish on
20 >> anything other than minor updates to python. If I mess it up, portage may
21 >> bite me. o_O We all know a broken portage is not a good thing.
22 >>
23 > For about a week or two, no problems so far.
24 >
25 > If you switch to 2.7 then run python-updater before removing 2.6, you
26 > should be fine. If you take a binpkg of it first you can have some
27 > extra peace of mind.
31 I have buildpkg in make.conf. I keep a copy of everything installed on
32 here, just in case I get to stupid one day. We all have those days right?
33
34 Thanks.
35
36 Dale