From: Andrew Lowe <agl@×××××××.au>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Using KDE apps in a non KDE environment
Date: Fri, 02 Oct 2015 03:31:22
1 Hi all,
2 I'm getting disillusioned with the direction KDE is taking, with
3 respect to forcing users to use things they don't want to. The semantic
4 desktop, or whatever they are now calling bits and pieces of it, is one
5 thing that comes immediately to mind.
6
7 Anyway, I've decided to move on and am thinking of going to lxqt. The
8 problem is that I'm used to several KDE apps, kwooty, kwrite and a few
9 more. Is it possible to run something such as lxqt and then emerge in
10 kde apps where it will bring in just a few kde libraries, which I can
11 live with, but not the whole desktop environment?
12
13 Thoughts greatly appreciated,
14
15 Andrew