From: Paul Hartman <paul.hartman+gentoo@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: SVG plugin
Date: Mon, 15 Jun 2009 14:59:10
1 On Mon, Jun 15, 2009 at 9:31 AM, Kevin O'Gorman<kogorman@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > I tried that Adobe site in FF on gentoo and ubuntu with the same
3 > non-result. On Vista, I tried FF, Opera, Safari and IE 8, with varied
4 > forms of failure. Interestingly, Opera at least offered to start
5 > inkscape to view the image, which succeeded. The text on that image
6 > suggested it's specific to an adobe plugin -- which it plugs of
7 > course.
8 >
9 > Does somebody have a web page with SVGs that normal browsers with
10 > non-proprietary plugins/viewers _can_ view?
11
12 http://www.w3schools.com/svg/svg_inhtml.asp
13
14 This page has examples of 3 ways to do it (you should see blue
15 rectangles if SVG is rendering). All 3 examples work for me in Firefox
16 3.0.11, Seamonkey 1.1.16, Opera 9.64, Konqueror 4.2.3 and Safari 4
17 (all on Windows). Internet Explorer 8, naturally, requires a plug-in
18 to view SVG.