From: Bogdan Ionita <mioriticus@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] portage: fixed or not???
Date: Sun, 06 Nov 2005 21:45:31
1 On 11/6/05, Jarry <jarry@×××.net> wrote:
2 >
3 > Hi,
4 >
5 > there was a thread concerning portage/emerge being recently fixed
6 > and faster now (sorry, forgot original subject). Well, I was really
7 > impressed by that improvement, until today:
8 >
9 > "emerge --sync" takes again very long time, nearly freezing at 51%
10 > of "updating portage cache", cpu load is on 99% load, 25 minutes and
11 > I'm still waiting. And 2 days ago the whole "emerge --sync" took
12 > about 3-4 minutes! Anyone else having the same experience?
16 Hi,
17
18 I had the same problem, don't know why, solved it like this:
19
20 http://gentoo-wiki.com/TIP_speed_up_portage_with_cdb
21
22 Neko