From: Ryan Tandy <tarpman@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] net-misc/rinetd
Date: Sun, 26 Mar 2006 02:44:50
1 JimD wrote:
2 > I am using net-misc/rinetd to forward port 443 to 22, 21 to 5900 and
3 > 8080 to 119 because those ports are blocked from work.
4 >
5 > When I first installed rinetd, I noticed that amd64 was not in the
6 > KEYWORDS. I added amd64 to the KEYWORDS in the ebuild and it has been
7 > working fine. However everytime I run emerge to update world/system
8 > I get the following warning:
9 >
10 > jim@keelie $ sudo emerge -vpuDN world
11 >
12 > These are the packages that I would merge, in order:
13 >
14 > Calculating world dependencies
15 > !!! Packages for the following atoms are either all
16 > !!! masked or don't exist:
17 > net-misc/rinetd
20 > I have net-misc/rinetd ~* in /etc/portage/package.keywords but that
21 > doesn't seem to help.
22 >
23 > Will I have to keep updating the ebuild after every emerge --sync?
24 >
25 > Jim
26 >
27 If you leave it in /usr/portage, yes, because each --sync restores the
28 tree to being an exact mirror of the one on the sever. To work around
29 this, Portage supports "overlays" which allow you to keep your own
30 modified or custom ebuilds which won't get overwritten. You can
31 configure any number of overlays with the PORTDIR_OVERLAY setting in
32 /etc/make.conf. Set it to, for example,
33 PORTDIR_OVERLAY="/usr/local/portage" to place an overlay in that
34 directory. You can add additional overlays by separating them with
35 spaces. Within the overlay directory, you should arrange your ebuilds
36 the same way as they are in the original /usr/portage - for example,
37 your modified rinetd ebuild would go as
38 /usr/local/portage/net-misc/rinetd/rinetd-0.62.ebuild, assuming you're
39 using that version. emerge --sync won't overwrite your overlay. One
40 final step remains - to checksum your ebuild so that Portage can verify
41 it, you must run 'ebuild /path/to/ebuild digest' any time you modify
42 it. Portage won't use ebuilds or files that haven't been 'digested' in
43 this way. Once again assuming you're using rinetd-0.62 in an overlay at
44 /usr/local/portage, your command would be 'ebuild
45 /usr/local/portage/net-misc/rinetd/rinetd-0.62.ebuild digest'.
46
47 If you aren't having any problems running the package on your amd64, you
48 may want to search Bugzilla (http://bugs.gentoo.org) for the reason why
49 rinetd isn't keyworded for it, and perhaps file a bug requesting it to
50 be added.
51
52 HTH.
53
54 P.S.: If you add amd64 to the KEYWORDS in the ebuild in your overlay,
55 you shouldn't need to have a package.keywords entry for it at all, since
56 amd64 is the stable keyword.
57 --
58 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list