From: Grant Taylor <gtaylor@×××××××××××××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Update to /etc/sudoers disables wheel users!!!
Date: Wed, 26 Oct 2022 19:32:59
1 On 10/26/22 12:35 PM, Jack wrote:
2 > Could you not interrupt  grup and append "single" or "init=/bin/bash" to
3 > the kernel command line?
4
5 Maybe.
6
7 It will depend on how complex your configuration is.
8
9 I don't remember if Gentoo requires root's password when entering single
10 user mode or not. (I've not tested it in a long time.)
11
12 Invoking Bash (or any shell) as init may not work as desired if your
13 system configuration is complex and needs fancier things (modules /
14 network resources / etc) during normal init.
15
16 My 20 years worth of experience is to have a root password set so that
17 you can fix this more directly and more reliably.
18
19 Ideally, as soon as you learn that sudo is not working as desired, use
20 su -- using root's password -- and revert the recent sudo change.
25 Grant. . . .
26 unix || die