From: "Martin Mokrý" <megacsk@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Problem with virtual desktops in Plasma
Date: Sun, 27 Jan 2019 09:22:44
1 Dňa 27. 1. 2019 o 9:38 Davyd McColl napísal(a):
2 >
3 > On January 27, 2019 10:29:57 Martin Mokrý <megacsk@×××××.com> wrote:
6 > > Dňa 27. 1. 2019 o 9:14 Davyd McColl napísal(a):
7 > >>
8 > >> On January 27, 2019 10:01:18 AM Martin Mokrý <megacsk@×××××.com> wrote:
9 > >>
10 > >> > Hello.
11 > >> > I have problem with number of virtual desktops in Plasma.
12 > >> > In my configuration file .config/kwinrc are declared 7 desktops with
13 > >> names.
14 > >> > But when I try to look at GUI system settings of virtual desktops,
15 > >> there is
16 > >> > only 1. When I change it to another number, confirm, click on another
17 > >> > settings panel (for example bordes) and then return to settings of
18 > >> virtual
19 > >> > desktops, there is again only 1 desktop.
20 > >> > But when I change beetwen virtual desktops by using keys
21 > (CTRL+Fx), it
22 > >> > works like it is in kwinrc file. I see number and name of desktop in
23 > >> center
24 > >> > of screen for a while. Virtual desktop applet is showing only 1
25 > desktop.
26 > >> > Where can be problem?
27 > >>
28 > >>
29 > >> Check the setting about rows vs columns. That's caught me out before -
30 > >> I've also set up 6 virtual desktops and then it only appears that I
31 > >> have one because I have them as 1 row x 1 column. It's a bit of a ux
32 > >> fail.
33 > >>
34 > >>
35 > >> >
36 > >> > --
37 > >> > Martin "Megac" Mokry
38 > >>
39 > > I tried to set more that 1 rows in virtual desktop settings, but both,
40 > > number of desktop and number of rows return to 1 after returning to
41 > > virtual desktop settings configuration panel.
45 > Using the desktops widget from the task bar, I see two settings:
46 > - Number of desktops
47 > - Number of rows
48 > I currently have both set to 3 and that's working for me (I recently
49 > started only using 3 virtual desktops at home)
50 > Try that? (or something similar)
53 I dont have settings of number of rows and desktops in my widget. Only
54 settings of what is showing (number of desktop, name, nothing) and what
55 to do when I click on current desktop. When I right-click on widget
56 there is also "Add new desktop" which open system settings where I see
57 only number 1. But when I go with mouse over the widget it shows names
58 of windows that are running on any desktops, not only the first.