From: Volker Armin Hemmann <volkerarmin@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Cc: Graham Murray <graham@×××××××××××.uk>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] sys-libs/glibc-2.15-r1
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2012 15:51:18
1 Am Montag, 23. April 2012, 06:31:31 schrieb Graham Murray:
2 > kwkhui@××××.net writes:
3 > > Bless those who keeps on telling people there is no need to rebuild
4 > > packages after glibc upgrade, for they must have not used pam or any
5 > > other packages that uses dlopen().
6 >
7 > So which packages need to be rebuilt?
8
9 none?
10
11 if you see segfaults everywhere, rebuild. If apps fail to start, think about
12 rebuilding. But until then, why waste the electricity?
13
14 > Owing to the initial
15 > non-availability of the patch file, glibc was the last package I built
16 > before rebooting. So far I have seen no problems. I can log in as both
17 > user and root, su works, X and KDE are running OK.
18 >
19 > glibc is normally very good at maintaining backward compatibility, using
20 > versioned symbols.
21 --
22 #163933