From: "Sebastian Beßler" <sebastian@××××××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] tethering an htc incredible
Date: Mon, 20 Jun 2011 21:05:46
1 Am 20.06.2011 22:00, schrieb Matthew Finkel:
2
3 > Hrm. I do not have an incredible, so I don't know this for certain,
4 > but it seems as if the incredible may not support tethering by default...
5 >
6 > I took a look at some forums and articles, and it seems like in order
7 > to get tethering working, some people downloaded an app called PDAnet[0]
8 > I know stock android 2.2 supported tethering (such as on the Nexus One
9 > [1]), but it sounds as if htc disabled it.
10
11 Maybe a way would be to update the Android with a Mod.
12 I run Cyanogenmod on my Motorola Milestone and my girlfriends HTC Tattoo
13 without any problems here, so I can absolutly recommend it.
14
15 http://wiki.cyanogenmod.com/index.php?title=HTC_Incredible
16
17 With that the wired tether app can be used
18
19 http://code.google.com/p/android-wired-tether/
20
21 That works flawless here in combination with Gentoo.
22
23 Greetings
24
25 Sebastian Beßler