From: Alexander Kapshuk <alexander.kapshuk@×××××.com>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Gentoo-sources-4.9.0
Date: Tue, 13 Dec 2016 17:48:38
1 On Tue, Dec 13, 2016 at 7:09 PM, Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××.uk> wrote:
2 > Hello list,
3 >
4 > Has anyone stumbled over a display problem with this kernel? Copying the
5 > .config from 4.8.14, tweaking with oldconfig and compiling left me with a
6 > blank display and no booting activity.
7 >
8 > The display card is an AMD/ATI Tonga Radeon R9 380X and I load the latest
9 > microcode during kernel compilation. I have VIDEO_CARDS="amdgpu radeonsi" in
10 > make.conf. Fine with earlier kernel versions but not with 4.9.0.
11 >
12 > --
13 > Regards
14 > Peter
18 I'm not a user of the piece of hardware in question, but I wonder if
19 running diff on the .config files for 4.8.14 and 4.9.0 would reveal
20 any deviations in perhaps the names for any AMD/ATI config options
21 that might have changed?