From: "J. Roeleveld" <joost@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] where did lvm installation guide go?
Date: Fri, 30 Aug 2013 05:24:06
1 gottlieb@×××.edu wrote:
2 >On Thu, Aug 29 2013, Canek Peláez Valdés wrote:
3 >
4 >> On Thu, Aug 29, 2013 at 4:19 PM, <gottlieb@×××.edu> wrote:
5 >>>
6 >>> I have experience with LVM, but not systemd or dracut or initramfs
7 >>>
8 >>> * both grub and grub2 support lvm
9 >>
10 >> Does GRUB legacy handles /boot in LVM? I haven't tried that yet.
11 >
12 >That I don't know. I believe the LVM "companion manual" that I am
13 >seeking and that I used for previous installs advised against /boot on
14 >lvm (probably also /lib and others). Perhaps this was simply
15 >reflecting
16 >no initramfs. Hence any grub issue with /boot on lvm didn't arise.
17 >
18 >allan
19
20 No.
21
22 Grub legacy does not support LVM for the /boot.
23 That's why I have it there.
24
25 UEFI only understands FAT. Which means you need to have a boot partition outside of LVM for that.
28 Joost
29 --
30 Sent from my Android device with K-9 Mail. Please excuse my brevity.
31 --
32 Sent from my Android device with K-9 Mail. Please excuse my brevity.