From: Jorge Almeida <jalmeida@××××××××××××.pt>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] translucency bork
Date: Fri, 14 Oct 2005 08:39:26
1 Well, just when I [thought I] had finished tuning my KDE desktop, here
2 it fails again.
3
4 I'm using baghira as style. I enabled translucency (it works) and in
5 Desktop-->Window Behaviour-->Translucency I enabled translucency for
6 inactive windows and disabled it for active windows. I want opacity in
7 the window I'm working on and translucency in all others.
8 So far so good.
9
10 What about virtual desktops? Well, when I commute to another desktop and
11 then come back to the former, focus was lost. All windows are
12 translucent, therefore unusable. If it happens to be only one window open,
13 there's no way to give it focus (clicking doesn't work), except by
14 opening some other window and then focus on the first by clicking with
15 the mouse or using Alt-Tab.
16
17 This makes this wonderfull feature effectively unusable.
18
19 Anyone knows a workaround? (Don't tell me to file a bug, because I don't
20 know how to do that...)
21
22 I don't know whether the fault is kwin's or baghira's. I really like the
23 customization QT allows and the looks of baghira...
26 Jorge Almeida
27 --
28 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list