From: "Chad Leigh -- Shire.Net LLC" <chad@×××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] newly emerged apache permissions error
Date: Fri, 02 Jun 2006 06:28:37
1 I set up a box to run asterisk and try various asterisk front ends
2 on. This was back in January. I got gentoo installed and emerged
3 apache2, php5, and mysql. Then I did not touch the box again until
4 tonight.
5
6 I cannot get apache to actually serve any pages.
7
8 "
9
10 Forbidden
11
12 You don't have permission to access /test.php on this server.
13
14 Additionally, a 403 Forbidden error was encountered while trying to
15 use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
16
17 "
18
19 It does not matter what file I ask it for, index.html, index.php, / ,
20 etc, I get the same error.
21
22 I have a DocumentRoot plus newly a virtual host pointing to the same
23 DocumentRoot with the right ServerName and teh directories are all
24 owned by apache:apache, which is the user the server runs under. The
25 files all have owner and group permissions. Everything is set to
26 not deny and to allow all.
27
28 I run apache2 on FreeBSD just fine and I cannot see anything in the
29 config that should prevent this. Something about the default gentoo
30 config or install it seems.
31
32 Any hints or help is greatly appreciated.
33
34 Thanks
35 Chad
39 ---
40 Chad Leigh -- Shire.Net LLC
41 Your Web App and Email hosting provider
42 chad at shire.net
47 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list