From: Frank Steinmetzger <Warp_7@×××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] systemd and LUKS
Date: Tue, 03 Sep 2013 11:46:49
1 Hey list
2
3 after the many discussions here about systemd I had a flash of
4 objectivity (“Who cares if people rant about Lennart, the concept seems
5 sound and I don’t care about separate /usr”). So I wanted to try systemd
6 on my netbook.
7
8 I cloned the / partition from sda2 to sda7 and chrooted into it. In
9 there I followed the systemd Gentoo wiki¹, i.e. I configured the kernel,
10 installed systemd, added "-consolekit systemd" to my use flags, rebuilt
11 world with --new-use and added init=/usr/lib/systemd/systemd to the
12 kernel cmdline.
13
14 Rebooting works until the point of mounting /home, which is a LUKS
15 container. I get the message:
16 "A start job is running for dev-mapper-home.service"
17 and eventually a timeout and prompt for root password or Ctrl-D.
18
19 The wiki references a bug report that /etc/crypttab was ignored. Well, I
20 didn’t have one, but apparently my old crypt setup was heeded (because
21 systemd knew that I wanted sda5 mounted as home).
22
23 I tried researching the problem. One I found was a Gentoo forum thread
24 about LVM. I found out that I was missing CONFIG_DM_UEVENT. But enabling
25 it didn’t help either. I found files in the partition’s /dev directory,
26 which hinted that DEVTMPFS_MOUNT was not set. But I don’t suppose that’s
27 really a problem.
28
29 Does any of you have experience with this combination and would like to
30 share it? Thanks.
31
32 ¹ http://gentoo-en.vfose.ru/wiki/Systemd
36 On a sidenote, for some reason, grub2 doesn’t find the kernel if I keep
37 the menuentry’s search commands which are created by grub2-mkconfig.
38 Only if I remove all the search --uuid...yadda yadda..., the entry
39 boots.
40 The boot partition (where the grub files lie) is still my normal / on
41 sda2. It then boots the systemd installation on sda7 which was detected
42 by os_prober.
43 --
44 Gruß | Greetings | Qapla’
45 Please do not share anything from, with or about me with any Facebook service.
46
47 For some, it’s just Windows,
48 but for others, it’s the longest batch file in the world.