From: walt <w41ter@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: gnome3 weather applet
Date: Wed, 30 May 2012 13:00:42
1 On 05/29/2012 10:56 PM, Bill Kenworthy wrote:
2 > I am one of those poor saps who decided to try gnome3 and its not
3 > pleasant at all ... its an even worse hit on productivity than early
4 > gnome2 over 1.4 was :(
5
6 I find gnome3 to be not very different from gnome2 *if* I run it in
7 "fallback mode". Try it: System Settings::System Info::Graphics::
8 Forced Fallback Mode::On
9
10 So far I find gnome-shell to be pointless, but I'll try it every few
11 months to see if I change my mind. (Normally my wife changes my mind
12 for me, but she's not interested in linux so she doesn't care.)