From: Alec Ten Harmsel <alec@××××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Clusters on Gentoo ?
Date: Thu, 07 Aug 2014 11:11:05
1 I'm a Hadoop and related software sysadmin at the University of
2 Michigan. I'm a student still, so it's only a part-time position. I
3 have some documentation at http://caen.github.io/hadoop - if something
4 is not clear, I will gladly take feedback and make appropriate changes.
5
6 > In a recent thread (schedulers) it was noted that several folks had interest
7 > in clusters (privately operated clouds) as more than a passing interest.
8
9 I'll try to chime in on any questions about scheduling/clusters in the
10 future as we have a pretty large installation (~20,000 cores) running a
11 traditional HPC stack, and a small Hadoop cluster.
12
13 > [2] http://hadoop.apache.org/docs/r1.2.1/cluster_setup.html
14
15 Hadoop is currently "stable" on 2.x (specifically 2.4), so relevant
16 documentation is at http://hadoop.apache.org/docs/stable.
17
18 Alec