From: jdm <jdm@××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] KDE Konqueror
Date: Sun, 03 Nov 2013 00:42:17
1 On Saturday 02 November 2013 16:31:21 Mick wrote:
2 >On Saturday 02 Nov 2013 00:02:26 jdm wrote:
3 >> Hello,
4 >>
5 >> I cannot run any youtube videos with Konqueror. Any suggestions?
6 >> They run fine in Firefox.
7 >>
8 >> John D Maunder
9 >
10 >Are they flash or HTML 5 videos? Are your plugins configured as they
11 >should be in Konqueror?
12 >
13 >PS. I don't think that there is a difference between webkit and khtml
14 >engines - it works with both fine here.
15
16 I think they are flash but I cannot play any video on youtube (also
17 dailymotion). I thought youtube had gone html5 but not so sure, as get
18 Could not load movie '/tmp/kde-john/konquerorPS4531.swf'. So I think
19 this is flash. Using khtml.
20
21 I have gone on to other sites and some videos play. Its hist and miss.
22 (100% failure on youtube). Its nice to now that it's working for you so
23 I will try a few rebuilds and use flags perhaps.
24
25 I have tried both 32 and 64 flash (and all versions), with and without
26 nspluginwrapper.
27
28 Its just an annoyance as I can play all with firefox. It's just that I
29 want to be kde only for the time being.
32 John