From: Ian Zimmerman <itz@××××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Is udev-mount still valid?
Date: Sun, 15 Apr 2018 00:25:56
On 2018-04-15 00:10, Floyd Anderson wrote:

> Because argument ROOTDIR is mandatory, the script should do something > when ROOTDIR is not given, e.g. print usage. Maybe ‘-r’ should be also > mandatory or the script should define some useful defaults. Consider > following invocations: > > $ ./symlinks-pl > $ ./symlinks-pl /path/to/broken-symlink > $ ./symlinks-pl -r /path/to/broken-symlink > > which do nothing and results with exit code 0.
I think this is more of a documentation bug in usage(). ROOTDIR is in fact not mandatory - a list of zero or more items is expected, and each item processed in turn. I remember thinking about it for a second, and this was the most consistent and regular behavior, so the most attractive to my droid mind :-P -- Please don't Cc: me privately on mailing lists and Usenet, if you also post the followup to the list or newsgroup. To reply privately _only_ on Usenet and on broken lists which rewrite From, fetch the TXT record for no-use.mooo.com.