From: Ian Zimmerman <itz@××××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Is udev-mount still valid?
Date: Sun, 15 Apr 2018 00:25:56
1 On 2018-04-15 00:10, Floyd Anderson wrote:
2
3 > > https://very.loosely.org/paste/symlinks-pl
4
5 > Because argument ROOTDIR is mandatory, the script should do something
6 > when ROOTDIR is not given, e.g. print usage. Maybe ‘-r’ should be also
7 > mandatory or the script should define some useful defaults. Consider
8 > following invocations:
9 >
10 > $ ./symlinks-pl
11 > $ ./symlinks-pl /path/to/broken-symlink
12 > $ ./symlinks-pl -r /path/to/broken-symlink
13 >
14 > which do nothing and results with exit code 0.
15
16 I think this is more of a documentation bug in usage(). ROOTDIR is in
17 fact not mandatory - a list of zero or more items is expected, and each
18 item processed in turn. I remember thinking about it for a second, and
19 this was the most consistent and regular behavior, so the most
20 attractive to my droid mind :-P
23 Please don't Cc: me privately on mailing lists and Usenet,
24 if you also post the followup to the list or newsgroup.
25 To reply privately _only_ on Usenet and on broken lists
26 which rewrite From, fetch the TXT record for no-use.mooo.com.