From: Andreas Fredriksson <deplinenoise@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: C++ code on Gentoo
Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2005 11:52:59
1 On 8/16/05, James <wireless@×××××××××××.com> wrote:
2
3 > The code for nvwa-0.5 was added to try to get robust debugging
4 > (memory) working, but, alas I'm certainly not strong on C++ code,
5 > let alone some body else's C++ code.
6
7 Try valgrind. It's an excellent memory instrumentation system which
8 can trace back programming mistakes with complete callstacks of the
9 offending site if you compile with debugging symbols. Last time I
10 looked, a fairly recent version was in portage.
11
12 Good luck,
13 Andreas
16 And I hate redundancy, and having different functions for the same thing.
17 - Linus Torvalds on linux-kernel
20 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list