From: Mike Edenfield <kutulu@××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] USE="mmx mmxext sse sse2 ssse3 3dnow 3dnowext"
Date: Wed, 27 May 2009 21:04:46
1 On 5/27/2009 4:08 PM, Ward Poelmans wrote:
2 > On Wed, May 27, 2009 at 21:57, Wyatt Epp<wyatt.epp@×××××.com> wrote:
3 >> Reading this thread, though, it seems like it would be useful to have a
4 >> FEATURES=cpudetection for Portage. I honestly don't understand why the user
5 >> should have to be arsed to set those USEs manually if they don't actually
6 >> care about moving binary packages around. Thoughts?
7 >
8 > W're gentoo users, we like being in control and don't like it when a
9 > program thinks for us.
10
11 Even if this feature were to appear (and it seems to me like a complete
12 pain in the ass to implement), no one is gonna force your fingers to
13 type "FEATURES=cpudetection" into your make.conf file.