From: pk <peterk2@××××××××.se>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Trying to block third party ip address with iptables...
Date: Mon, 15 Sep 2008 18:16:17
1 Grant Edwards wrote:
2 >> OK. Now that we know the real problem, we can give you the real solution.
3 >>
4 >> Change your bank.
5 >
6 > And write polite letter to a couple bank executives (yes, on
7 > paper, in an envelope, with a stamp on it) explaining why. It
8 > won't take very many such letters before they straighten things
9 > out. Don't bother complaining via e-mail. It'll only be seen
10 > by some poor wage-slave who doesn't care and couldn't do
11 > anything about it if he did. Telephoning will probably be even
12 > less useful (unless you want to know what the weather is like
13 > in Mumbai or Bangalore).
14 >
15 >> I'm not kidding, you shouldn't have to put up with that shit.
16 >
17 > Not at all.
18
19 Good advice. I'll try to find some time for examining my options.
20 Unfortunately, from what I can gather, my current bank has one of the
21 best options in the country (Sweden). The rest of the bunch are mostly
22 running Windows servers (acc. to Netcraft) or have really bad
23 Windows-centric solutions or poor security like one-time use tickets.
24 Yes, it's really that bad...
25
26 Thanks again!
27