From: maxim wexler <blissfix@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] grub "...succeeded" -- Wrong!
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2005 02:37:41
1 Hello everybody,
2
3 This is too weird. Just did a re-emerge of grub onto a
4 tiny(80M) hd as /dev/hda for /dev/hdb, my main drive.
5 Grub seems to boot OK. When I alternately hit pause
6 and enter in the boot console everything seems to go
7 fine. Everything it looks for is found and loaded;
8 there are no error msgs. The last line says:
9
10 Running "install /grub/stage1 (hd0)(hd0) 1+16 p
11 (hd0,0) grub /stage2 grub/menu.lst...succeeded"
12
13 (I copied it out in longhand, but that seems pretty
14 close). Then the box just reboots. Drawing a blank
15 here. Anybody got a clue?
16
17 -mw
22 Yahoo! FareChase: Search multiple travel sites in one click.
23 http://farechase.yahoo.com
24 --
25 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list