From: Matt Causey <matt.causey@×××××.com>
To: "gentoo-user@l.g.o" <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Cc: "gentoo-user@l.g.o" <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Atheros kernel driver and my wireless access point setup
Date: Fri, 12 Jun 2009 07:39:25
1 On 12 Jun 2009, at 06:46, Graham Murray <graham@×××××××××××.uk> wrote:
2
3 > Norman Rieß <norman@×××××××××.org> writes:
4 >
5 >> What do you want to do with your accesspoint. You will need a bridge
6 >> to a wired network if you want your ap attached to that wired
7 >> network. This is quite usual though...
8 >> Without a bridge to a wired network, only the wlan systems are
9 >> connected and can not connect to your wired systems.
10 >
11 > Would it not normally be better to route between the wireless and
12 > wired
13 > networks, with appropriate firewall rules in place, rather than
14 > bridging
15 > them?
16 >
17 That is the intent of a project I'm working on, and I think it will
18 work well. However most folks don't need the additional complexity of
19 multiple networks. In that case just bridging to the existing subnet
20 is sufficient.