From: Jake Moe <jakesaddress@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Baselayout2/OpenRC migration question - dispatch-conf vs etc-update
Date: Sun, 29 May 2011 09:09:16
1 On 05/29/11 02:07, Bill Longman wrote:
2 >
3 > Yes, absolutely. I use cfgupdate too.
4 >
5 > --
6 > Bill Longman
7 > Sent from my Galaxy S
8 >
9 There was an announcement on the gentoo-announce mailing list that
10 listed a few different docs for reference. Among other things, the part
11 of interest in this discussion was:
12
13 After these packages are emerged, it is absolutely critical that you
14 immediately update your configuration files with dispatch-conf,
15 etc-update or a similar tool [2] then follow the steps in the OpenRC
16 Migration Guide [3].
17
18 2. http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/handbook/handbook-amd64.xml?part=3&chap=4
19 3. http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/openrc-migration.xml
20
21 Like Dale, I used etc-update, and on two different laptops (one x86 and
22 one amd64), which worked without hitch on both.
23
24 Jake Moe