From: Philip Webb <purslow@××××××××.net>
To: Gentoo User <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-user] KDE 3 : a nasty problem
Date: Sun, 10 Jun 2012 22:58:49
1 My favorite game is the KDE 3 version of Mahjongg :
2 no, the KDE 4 version is nowhere near as good (smile).
3
4 Currently, users are being warned in big red letters
5 that 'mDNSResponder' is masked & soon wb removed: the alternative is 'avahi'.
6 I unmerged the former & emerged the latter,
7 then tried to remerge the KDE 3 version of 'kdelibs': it failed;
8 yes, I did add the 'avahi' USE flag.
9
10 Luckily, I made a quickpkg of 'mDNSResponder' & was able to reinstall it
11 after adding it to /etc/portage/package.unmask ,
12 so Mahjongg 3 is back (big smile).
13
14 However, I can't test 'kdelibs 3' again without unmerging 'mDNSResponder',
15 so it's not nice to try to submit a bug
16 & anyway how far are KDE Sunset bugs taken seriously ?
17
18 Does anyone have advice ?
22 SUPPORT ___________//___, Philip Webb
23 ELECTRIC /] [] [] [] [] []| Cities Centre, University of Toronto
24 TRANSIT `-O----------O---' purslowatchassdotutorontodotca