From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] configuring wlan0
Date: Thu, 19 Nov 2009 13:05:43
1 On Thursday 19 November 2009 01:39:23 Michael P. Soulier wrote:
2 > On 18/11/09 Space Cakex said:
3 > > for me the best solution is to use networkmanager, delete net scripts
4 > > and everything plus install nm-applet, so I have a real user friendly
5 > > look and feel :) my only issue now is vpnc (see my other mail)
6 >
7 > I'm not a fan of networkmanager.
8 >
9 > On my ubuntu laptop I use whereami.
10 >
11 > On this gentoo desktop, it doesn't roam. I want one network config to set a
12 > static IP on my wireless card, always to the same essid.
13
14 That's easy enough, here's what I used to use:
15 xxxxx means the essid
16 yyyyy means the wep passphrase
17
18 modules=( "dhclient" )