From: karl@××××××××.se
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] How do I install slotted guile
Date: Sat, 04 Mar 2017 15:18:31
1 Alen McKinnon:
2 > On 04/03/2017 15:56, karl@××××××××.se wrote:
3 > > I need booth guile-2 (for geda) and guile-1.8 (for lilypond).
4 ...
5 > > So, does anyone know how to install both of them ?
6 > You can't. At least, you can't emerge both with the current tree, you
7 ...
8
9 Thanks, bad to know, I won't waste more time on that then.
10
11 > Your best bet is to install one version from source into /usr/local/,
12 > then find all the ways your system uses guile and take steps to always
13 > correctly identify the correct one.
14 ...
15
16 I'll try to install 1.8.8 in /usr/local then.
17
18 Regards,
19 /Karl Hammar
20