From: Wols Lists <antlists@××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [SOLVED] [gentoo-user] New install - root is mounted read-only
Date: Mon, 21 Jun 2021 14:23:10
1 On 18/06/21 10:31, Adam Carter wrote:
2 > On Fri, Jun 18, 2021 at 7:15 PM Wols Lists <antlists@××××××××××××.uk
3 > <mailto:antlists@××××××××××××.uk>> wrote:
4 >
5 > I've started tackling my new build again, and when it boots root is
6 > read-only. Hopefully I've just missed something stupid, but how to I get
7 > it to transition read-write?
10 > Weird - here's my fstab and dmesg entries if you want to compare;
12 > /dev/nvme0n1p1 /boot vfat noauto 1 2
13 > /dev/nvme0n1p2 / ext4 noatime 0 1
14 >
15 I hadn't updated fstab - there weren't any entries in it.
16
17 As soon as I added the root file system, it remounted fine and it all
18 works. Now to get Wayland working ... :-) (and write a custom systemd to
19 start dm-integrity and make my home partition appear ...)
20
21 Cheers,
22 Wol