From: Michael Orlitzky <mjo@g.o>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Which is the Gentoo default? Openssl or Libressl?
Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2017 15:47:42
1 On 01/24/2017 10:38 AM, Andrew Lowe wrote:
2 > Hi all,
3 > Title says it all. I think I've managed to screw things up, a USE flag
4 > here, a USE flag there - what's a USE flag between fiends sort of thing.
5 > I want to sort things out and I know at one time or another I think I've
6 > dabbled in both openssl and libressl and now have some sort of mixed up
7 > hybrid. What is the current Gentoo default so I can work on getting back
8 > to "normal".
11 There is no default per se, but OpenSSL has better support because
12 that's what most upstream projects target. The way most ebuilds are
13 written, you will get OpenSSL unless you have USE=libressl set.