From: William Kenworthy <billk@×××××××××.au>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] How can I force emerge to use python 3.6?
Date: Sat, 16 May 2020 03:49:03
1 On 16/5/20 11:34 am, Mike Gilbert wrote:
2 > On Fri, May 15, 2020 at 10:17 PM William Kenworthy <billk@×××××××××.au> wrote:
3 >> Hi Victor,
4 >>
5 >> emerge crashes when it tries to add metadata during the merge stage
6 >> in an emerge installed python module using 3.7 when the PKGDIR is on a
7 >> moosefs share. When PKGDIR is local its fine.
8 > I have never heard of moosefs. It probably returns an error when
9 > portage tries to use some of the more advanced file syscalls. Please
10 > file a bug report.
11 >
12 I will file a bug - just trying to make sure its a real bug and not just
13 me :)
14
15 moosefs has been great so far, but its posix support may be incomplete
16 for some corner cases - its strength is large scale redundant storage
17 and not substituting for local storage but its been doing ok for some
18 months now up until the near apocalyptic mess that the python upgrade
19 has become for me ...
20
21 BillK

pEpkey.asc application/pgp-keys