From: Volker Armin Hemmann <volkerarmin@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Where can I download 2006.0 minimal LiveCD?
Date: Sun, 01 Feb 2009 21:13:43
1 On Sonntag 01 Februar 2009, Grant wrote:
2 > Does anyone know where I can get a copy of the 2006.0 minimal LiveCD
3 > iso? According to this:
4 >
5 > http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/liveusb.xml
6 >
7 > "If you want to use the minimal CD on a smaller key or boot a <i686
8 > system, you need to follow the procedure described in this document
9 > with a 2006.0 minimal CD image because of a bug in more recent
10 > releases."
11 >
12 > My USB key is only 512MB so I need the minimal CD. I tried going
13 > ahead with 2008.0 anyway but it won't boot. I'm trying to install
14 > Gentoo on an Acer Aspire 110.
15 >
16 > - Grant
17
18 and what makes you think that an outdated kernel will boot on it?
19
20 try systemrescuecd. They even have simple instructions how to put it on a
21 small usb stick.