From: Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] More emerge oddity in chroot
Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2014 12:32:16
1 On Thursday 24 Apr 2014 13:57:19 I wrote:
2
3 > So far I've done these things:
4 >
5 > 1. Wiped the whole system and restored from backup (heavy overkill, but I
6 > wanted everything to be in the same, consistent state).
7 > 2. Run bad-blocks tests on all partitions (though all but / and /boot are in
8 > logical volumes - I don't know to what extent that will have affected the
9 > results).
10
11 --->8
12
13 Looking at bad-blocks again, I see from gkrellm that 'mkfs.ext4 -cc -L Atom
14 /dev/vg7/atom' writes the test patterns to both the underlying physical disks,
15 but it only reads back from one of them.
18 Regards
19 Peter