From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Gnome, pam_mount, keyrings ...
Date: Wed, 06 Aug 2014 12:31:21
1 On Wednesday 06 Aug 2014 11:32:56 Stefan G. Weichinger wrote:
2 > Am 01.08.2014 um 11:38 schrieb Stefan G. Weichinger:
3 > > Greetings,
4 > >
5 > > could someone pls point me at how to solve this in the right way ->
6 > >
7 > > I run gnome3, with gnome-keyring, seahorse, systemd-ui brings
8 > > systemd-gnome-ask-password-agent (do I need that?) .... and I use
9 > > pam_mount to unlock and mount my encrypted home-dir (thinkpad).
10 > >
11 > > As it happens I use a rather weak password (you know, you set something
12 > > up for testing and then it gets productive ...) ... which I would like
13 > > to change.
14 > >
15 > > So I have to add/edit the LUKS-keyphrase for the LUKS-device and
16 > > additionally edit my password via plain "passwd", right?
17
18 I don't think that the two have to be the same, unless you made them the same.
19
20 In any case 'cryptsetup -y luksAddKey /dev/sdaX' allows you to add a
21 passphrase in another slot - can't recall how many passphrase slots are there
22 without looking into it.
23
24 Reboot to make sure it works and then use luksDelKey 0, to remove the previous
25 key from slot 0.
26
27 Also, check gnome-disk-utility which I think allows you to change the
28 passphrase.
29
30 > > And there is the gnome keyring, which I can edit via seahorse, right?
31 > > What exactly to edit in there?
32 > >
33 > > I tried that for several times and never managed to change it all in the
34 > > proper way so that logging in to gdm unlocks pam_mount as well ... I
35 > > always ended up with a mismatch ...
36 > >
37 > > Could someone point out how to do this?
38
39 I don't use gnome or luks at the moment, so someone with recent experience
40 should chime in and put me right.
43 Regards,
44 Mick