From: James <wireless@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: local shared directory
Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2016 19:32:40
1 Neil Bothwick <neil <at> digimed.co.uk> writes:
4 > On Thu, 17 Mar 2016 18:19:21 +0100, hw wrote:
5 >
6 > > how can I make it so that multiple users on a system who create
7 > > files in a local, shared directory do have write access to files
8 > > created by other users within the shared directory?
9 >
10 > ACLs.
13 Hmmmmm. Perhaps one of our most knowledgable folks would like to
14 share how to setup git locally on this machine and use it's features
15 to 'skin the cat' vis a vis this problem. The more I learn about git
16 the more I realize it is boundless on creative usages, so I'd be
17 very surprise, if one of our smarter members does not know how to
18 do this with git.
21 The git advantage would be that if the work ever needs to span countries or
22 continents, it should be then be trivial to migrate the repo(s) to the
23 cloud, github or similar distributed/container environments.
26 curiously,
27 James