From: Nilesh Govindrajan <me@××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] 'su' stopped working : reminder needed
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2013 06:30:56
1 On Wednesday 30 January 2013 07:46:48 AM IST, Philip Webb wrote:
2 > A few weeks ago, there was a brief thread re a change in a pkg
3 > which stopped 'su' from working. It didn't affect my desktop system,
4 > so I didn't pay much attention, but it's just hit my netbook.
5 >
6 > Can anyone remind me what I need to do to restore it ?
9 You probably updated your system after a long time and forgot to run
10 etc-update.
11 There was a major PAM update recently (I guess more than 1.5 months)
12 which required changes in /etc/pam.d.
15 Nilesh Govindarajan
16 http://nileshgr.com