From: James <wireless@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Intel GMA 4500MHD
Date: Fri, 06 Nov 2009 17:19:10
1 Hello,
2
3 I'm looking at a Dell Vostro 1720 Laptop with this Intel video
4 chip: Intel® Integrated Graphics Media Accelerator 4500MHD
5
6 Anyone with any experience or comments as to Intel's video
7 offerings, as far as it related to (X)/Gentoo on the laptop
8 are most welcome.
9
10 Here's an old review, best I could find.
11 http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=article&item=intel_x4500hd&num=1
14 Maybe some can point me to a forum where the Intel video chip
15 issues are discussed by folks on the front line of those
16 support issues for X. The aforementioned review seemed
17 to dissuade me from the Intel video chip, but those issue
18 may be overcome with video chip comparison, used in Laptops
19 if anyone has a url for that sort of thing, or experience.
22 tia,
23 James