From: karl@××××××××.se
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] X11 without udev/eudev
Date: Sat, 21 Aug 2021 20:17:27
1 With the demise of xf86-input-mouse and xf86-input-keyboard,
2 xf86-input-libinput is put forward as a replacement.
3 But it (or rather libinput) has udev as a hard dependency.
4
5 I have a ps2 keyboard and a 3-button serial mouse, so there is frankly
6 no use for udev here, nor would it help anything except possible to mess
7 up my preset dev directory. Also I have sys-fs/static, even if I install
8 udev, it woun't start, and I don't need yet another deamon running
9 doing nothing for me.
10
11 Is there possible to resurrect the old drivers ?
12 Or is there another way to solve this ?
13
14 Regards,
15 /Karl Hammar