From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Local portage ebuilds
Date: Wed, 09 Jul 2014 14:09:52
1 On Wed, 9 Jul 2014 13:38:23 +0000 (UTC), James wrote:
2
3 > But now, I'm hacking a small collection my own ebuilds that focus
4 > on some specific needs and science, which I shall refer to collectively
5 > as local ebuilds. I'm curious how other folks would suggest to keep them
6 > separate from the main portage tree and the overlays, but easily
7 > maintainable on my own workstation.
8
9 The standard way of doing this is to create your own overlay, separate
10 from those in layman.
14 Neil Bothwick
15
16 Do you realize how many holes there could be if people would just take
17 the time to take the dirt out of them?