From: burlingk@×××××××××.mil
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: RE: [gentoo-user] Re: Unionfs for 2.6.20
Date: Fri, 01 Jun 2007 02:42:40
1 > -----Original Message-----
2 > From: Ali Polatel [mailto:polatel@×××××.com]
3 > Sent: Friday, June 01, 2007 10:46 AM
4 > To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
5 > Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Unionfs for 2.6.20
8 > burlingk@×××××××××.mil <burlingk@×××××××××.mil> yazmýþ:
9 <snip>
10 > > I have seen many people mentioning UnionFS.
11 > > What exactly is it, and what does it do?
12 > > (:P Besides the statement that it is an FS.)
13 >
14 > quoting from wikipedia[1]:
15 > UnionFS is a Linux filesystem service which implements
16 > a union mount for Linux file systems. It allows files and
17 > directories of separate file systems, known as branches, to
18 > be transparently overlaid, forming a single coherent file system.
19 <snip>
20 > --
21 > ali polatel (hawking)
22 > Keep America beautiful. Swallow your beer cans.
23
24 So, at this point in time it is not something
25 that I personally need to focus on. That is
26 however usefull info. I will keep it in mind
27 for when someone else asks the question later.
28 What is not 100% useful to me, may be just what
29 someone else needs. ^_^
32 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list