From: Jack <ostroffjh@×××××××××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Annoying X server message
Date: Thu, 16 Nov 2017 18:55:53
1 On 11/16/2017 12:26 PM, Ian Zimmerman wrote:
2 > I run X the stone age way with startx/xinit. Each time I switch to
3 > another VT with Alt-Ctl-Fn, X mutters this on the original VT:
4 >
5 > Suspending AIGLX clents for VT switch
6 >
7 > and then a similar one when I switch back. This happens when the
8 > original VT is in raw mode, apparently, so the terminating newline is
9 > not cooked and I get the staircase effect, messing up the display (after
10 > I return from X) and wasting screen space.
11 >
12 > Can I silence these messages? I tried adding "-logverbose 2" to my
13 > server init file, that didn't help. IIRC I cannot redirect the output
14 > to /dev/null or anywhere else because X looks at stdout/stderr and makes
15 > inferences from where they point.
16 >
17 > Maybe I ought to try -logverbose 0 ?
18 >
19 I'm not home now, so I don't have the exact syntax, but I created an
20 alias "startxlog" which calls startx, redirecting stdout to one file,
21 and stderr to another.  I haven't noticed X doing anything odd because
22 of those redirects.
23
24 Jack