From: Dominic Kexel <nexenta@××××××××××××××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] problems with rtl8187
Date: Fri, 23 Jan 2009 10:09:38
1 Hi there!
2
3 Yesterday I updated my kernel to 2.6.27-gentoo-r8 and wanted to give the
4 rtl8187-module a try. I am using an Alpha-Network WLAN-USB-Adapter with
5 the Realtek 8187-chipset.
6
7 The problem is following:
8 After loading the module and configuring the interface, everything works
9 fine for about 10 seconds, and then the connections breaks up.
10 /var/log/messages doesn't show anything. I have to reload the module
11 and re-configure the interface to have it work for another 10 seconds.
12
13 I blacklisted rtl8187 and installed the r8187-driver-module from
14 http://dl.aircrack-ng.org/drivers/. This works fine, but I don't know
15 why the kernel-driver does not work as it should.
18 Any ideas?
23 Dominic Kexel <nexenta@××××××××××××××××××××××××.com>